FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:31 pm
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tinkerbell78
Just booked 8 night award stay for December: 7 nights on points and 1 night w certificate (475k pts) - no booking issues, but we did want to travel at the end of october and the points redemption rates jumped from 95k to 425k PER night for a standard redemption before i could book them! Nonetheless, December is fine for us. I am looking for some advice - this is our 1st time to Tokyo, we have stayed at many Conrad properties and that is our hilton hotel of choice, when its available, but i just noticed that the Hilton property has rooftop tennis courts...
We loved playing tennis at the rooftop courts at the BKK Conrad! we typically play tennis on all our vacays (beach or city) and now i cant decide if the courts are worth staying at the Hilton instead of the Conrad. It seems that many of the recent trip reports indicate that the service at the conrad has gone down & there are overcrowding issues - but tbh the Hilton trip reports seem equally poor...
Naturally we will be out in the city most of the time, but we do like a day or 2 of just lounging around the hotel, if the property is great...Any opinions / advice are welcome!
The Conrad is a much more luxurious property overall. I wouldn't count on favorable weather in late fall for tennis, so I would stick with the Conrad, especially if you are planning on just "lounging" at the hotel. For many, including myself, Shinjuku (Hilton Tokyo), is a more exciting neighborhood, and the hotel is very nice, but not at the level of the Conrad as far as facilities, service etc..