FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Shutdown Thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:31 pm
ChrisFlyer66

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by tuphat
Citi shut down my Double Cash card last month, which I have been using for both MS and organic spend for 5+ years. The initial letter provided no reason for shutdown, said I had to write them a letter & ask for explanation, which I did. Their response:

"Based on a review of your account, we observed account activity that is inconsistent with typical consumer usage and payments for which the source of funds could not be determined."

FWIW, I made intra-monthly payments using both WM BP and Citi's own payment button (linked to my checking account). However, I always had sufficient CL headroom for my spending, regardless of the intra-month pay downs.

To add injury to insult, they also "declined" to pay out my accumulated cash rewards (about $150), citing the terms of the program.

I have plenty of other dogs in the hunt, so not really too upset except for the lost cash. I resolve to be more diligent about cashing-out.
Did you have any other Citi credit cards open? Are they affected by the shutdown?