FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA Drinking while deadheading
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:56 pm
DCP2016
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by jackvogt
Often if you wear your badge, you can go threw the crew member security instead of regular. Also, if you are flying standby or whatever, it's much easier to identify yourself as a Delta employee with your badge. I have seen this ALL the time, on multiple airlines so this isn't out of place at all. That being said, if they're not in uniform, they can do whatever they want within reason. If they want to drink, there is nothing to stop them unless they drink to excess is there a problem. I seriously don't understand why this is even an issue. I think the OP has too much time on their hands.
Yeah but wouldn't after they show it to security/a Delta employee you put it away? At the companies I've worked for SOP is you only show it when you're working, getting a discount, or doing something with it. When you don't wear it no one suspects anything. When you wear it you out yourself as an employee of the company to not only customers but other employees/higher ups as well, making your actions very representative of the company.