FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would checking-in and out the same day considered a qualifying stay?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:21 pm
glennhaak

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Juntima
Yes I am a little concern whether not spending the night breaks any terms or not, and they might not count my stay

I will try to mess the room a bit, thanks for the tips. Thing is I have arranged an airport pick-up with the other hotel and thought of asking the driver to stop by this Hilton so I could run in (certainly a status run...) to do the check-in and all. I guess I will have to be quick to complete this mission. Hope I do not do anything too suspicious. I need to do this again for the second night for the second stay. Fingers crossed
I had no problem checking in at a Curio Collection in Playa del Carmen last september and ater she checked me in and sorted the payment I told her that I wouldn't be staying because my plans changed but I was checking in for the stay/points/night credit.

Yes, dayrates count towards Hilton Honors status.