FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would checking-in and out the same day considered a qualifying stay?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:16 am
Juntima

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Leave the key card on the desk. If you're concerned, call the hotel before checkout time to inform the front desk that you already left earlier in the morning. I wouldn't do anything to call attention to the fact that you haven't spent the night in the hotel or don't plan to do so (such as refusing the key card or immediately dropping it in the box). You might want to also mess up the bed and use a towel in the bathroom so that it's not real obvious that the room wasn't occupied.

Not all chains count day rates as stays or give night credit for such day use, so check the Hilton T&Cs carefully.
Yes I am a little concern whether not spending the night breaks any terms or not, and they might not count my stay

I will try to mess the room a bit, thanks for the tips. Thing is I have arranged an airport pick-up with the other hotel and thought of asking the driver to stop by this Hilton so I could run in (certainly a status run...) to do the check-in and all. I guess I will have to be quick to complete this mission. Hope I do not do anything too suspicious. I need to do this again for the second night for the second stay. Fingers crossed