FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would checking-in and out the same day considered a qualifying stay?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:54 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Juntima
Thanks for the input, this gives me hope

I have never leave without checking-out in person, so this could be a dumb question (please bear with me), but what to do with the keycard? Can I check-in and not accept the keycard, or is there a keycard drop box I just drop it in right after checking-in? Or I am to leave the keycard at the front desk upon leaving and maybe tell them I am not coming back (would this be strange?)
I am a little worried about not checking-out in person, in case they charge me for over-stay. By the way, it would be Hilton Garden Inn I am thinking of booking the stays, and it will be prepaid stay with a credit card.

Thanks again for advise

I always make sure I do what needs to be done checking in so that I can just leave the hotel without further action required. I don't have time or patience for check-out lines!

As a kindness, just make sure you don't leave a Do Not Disturb card on your door. You can leave key cards in your room. Though really, nobody cares about the keys.