FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would checking-in and out the same day considered a qualifying stay?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:23 am
Juntima

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by :D!
You don't need to check out in person, just use the facilities for a bit and then leave. They will check you out at the normal check out time.

If you haven't already paid, ask to pay when checking in, or make sure they authorize your credit card so that they can take payment when you (don't) check out.
Thanks for the input, this gives me hope

I have never leave without checking-out in person, so this could be a dumb question (please bear with me), but what to do with the keycard? Can I check-in and not accept the keycard, or is there a keycard drop box I just drop it in right after checking-in? Or I am to leave the keycard at the front desk upon leaving and maybe tell them I am not coming back (would this be strange?)
I am a little worried about not checking-out in person, in case they charge me for over-stay. By the way, it would be Hilton Garden Inn I am thinking of booking the stays, and it will be prepaid stay with a credit card.

Thanks again for advise