FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Someone said you can *buy* Marriott Plat on Taobao, is it true?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:11 pm
myperks

Originally Posted by Jaunts
Imagine a scenario where

1. A person in China who doesn't care about status might pay a discounted rate to have a room for 20-30 days or so.

2. The manager at the hotel might offer a small commission to have the room occupied (almost like a travel agent commission).

3. Finally, the person masterminding all of this is also able to sell platinum status for the room on eBay.

That could conceivably be 3 streams of revenue for the same room.

Or if a person doesn't mind being a nomad, that could be a rent free existence. Just move from hotel room to hotel room earning status for someone else. That could be an interesting enterprise.

From the point of view of the person paying for status, I agree with others here. $1500 for plat status wouldn't be worth it to me. But everyone values things like this differently.
actually it can do done with $50 a night for $800. Since like all other ebay listing to give you platinum status, I’m sure the seller signs up the buyer for the platinum challenge and then only have to stay 16 nights within 3 months a viola, platinum.