FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Someone said you can *buy* Marriott Plat on Taobao, is it true?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:37 am
writetorich

seller needs , the photocopy of your passport

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Not just Taobao, you can find it on eBay too:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marriott-Bo...1/153103714026

30-40 day processing time. I would not do this if I had an existing point balance. Even assuming no transnational risk ( and ethics/morality issue --- to each his own) and that every thing goes everything goes according to hoyle , I don't think its worth $1400 + USD
--- But Hey 42 people felt otherwise Last one / 43 sold , so that is what make's horse racing .
The only way it MIGHT be worth it- and only for a small number - again with the not possible guarantee of no transnational , risk, no "complications" is if the Plat stays came with a phantom 50 night credit on your counter. i.e. only 25 more nights needed for the next level.of a 75 nigher or a high spender top room rate of ADDITIONAL 50 NIGHTS ( get Ambassador with the spend.)
Its obviously a corporate comp being used inappropriately.
These corp comps. typically require the actual nights-- starting with a zero night counter) to renew.
I am legitimately AA lifetime Plat ( earned 2 million lifetime miles before it was changed to BIS miles). Yet , would need 75K EQM to earn Plat pro and 100K EQM to earn ExPlat
I don't see the huge value proposition in the play for $1400.
save the $1400 and book some nicer rooms --- when you are--- and go out for Starbucks at urban hotels. Many of the resorts and some brands exclude free breakfast altogether or just offer it to all guest. We are talking the weakest elite program in the industry , albeit with a very large ( but over priced) footprint. Is the, not ,guaranteed smile at check -in from the clerk really worth $1400 for a dicey, dodgy "plat " status"?

Last edited by writetorich; Mar 29, 2019 at 11:47 am