FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAA Upgrade on Emirates - latest?
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:12 am
Decsus

Programs: SAA Voyager
Hi everyone, Apologies for reviving this old thread, but I reckon this is the best place to ask the question.

I usually travel by carefully guiding the SAA Voyager help desk through my flight plan connection by connection. The end result is
Most flights out of S.A (if you want to fly business class) are Egypt Air. - I use United's site to find the flights with space.
Most flights back to S.A (if you want to fly business class) are Ethiopian air. - I use United's site to find the flights with space

I have looked at the Emirates section and it looks promising but I have a few questions, hopefully someone here has done this before.

1. Who do I book this with.....SAA Voyager help desk, emirates....
2. How does payment work...will a business class ticket to Europe 1 only cost me 105 000 points or will fuel and airport taxes be added?
3. Does the 105 000 points count only as one way?
4. Transfers from JHB to DXB is apparently not allowed, (See insert below) Will I then have to book a flight from SA to DXB separately?

If anyone has done this I would appreciate the help.

Terms and Conditions for Emirates

• Transfers via Johannesburg and Dubai are not permitted.
  • Connections via other Emirates cities are permitted.
  • If no Award is listed, a member must claim two or more Awards to complete the entire journey.
  • Award flights must be return trips.
  • Awards are not allowed on code-share flights.
  • Date changes are permitted subject to seat and class availability and re-issuance payment of ZAR 210.00.
  • Advance notice needs to be given for date changes as only SAA offices are permitted to re-issue Award tickets.
  • Award travel will not be permitted during blackout dates.
  • Mix classes on Awards are not permitted. Passengers need to either fly in Economy or Business Class both ways
  • Awards issued are only refundable within 30 days of issue.

Thanks