FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott do anything for anniversary trips?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:58 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by onobond
At a Cairo Sheraton, rebranded years ago, I was less than happy with the room, the unavailability of the pool as renovations were ongoing and some other minor things, I had a talk to the youngish female FD Mgr before leaving the hotel for a meeting. Returning some 4 h later, a cake, chocolates and a bottle of desert wine was delivered to my room. Was that so special? Yes, the cake was light red and heart-shaped, the elegant pralines also shaped as hearts. A card wishing me "Happy Valentine's Day" too.

Alas, this nice young lady was unmarried, but lived with her parents, carefully guarded. Her father being a very high-ranked officer, sent his driver to deliver her to her shift, also to pick-up when finished. Upon asking carefully for a possibility to meet for a coffee or anything, outside her working hours, she explained the very formal process of having a middle-man, preferably a mutual friend, contacting her father, to ask for permission, and if granted, she would be accompanied by some half dozen of family members. I had no middle-man available, I'm afraid.
She's probably still single.