FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott do anything for anniversary trips?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:48 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Fraser
All depends on the hotel. For special occasions (birthday/anniversaries/honeymoon) I usually stay at Virtuoso/Amex FHR properties where the agent often proactively asks if there is any special occasion. Stayed in suites at The Peninsula HK and Mandarin Oriental Macau, both Virtuoso stays, on our honeymoon last year and got beautiful cakes and cards signed by the staff. At an Amex FHR property in Bali that I booked online I made no mention of it. I'm of the kind where if I'm asked I'll mentioned it but I'm not going to offer the information up.
Absolutely. You probably won't get anything at a Courtyard or even an airport Sheraton, but a Ritz-Carlton or St. Regis will certainly do something even if you get charged for it.

For what it's worth, almost all Marriott properties across all brands have packages that include "champagne" and chocolate-covered strawberries. It's worth playing around on the different booking tabs on Marriott.com. I'd definitely pay $30 more if I knew it was going to be a bottle of Moët & Chandon, but I put champagne in quotations because it will likely to be a $3–$4 bottle of Andre sparkling wine.