FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott do anything for anniversary trips?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:57 am
onobond
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
My birthday and dates for any anniversary have never been disclosed to any hotel, although once checking in at one of my favourite Sheratons, the FD associate upon verifying my identity by means of looking at my passport, congratulated me as it was my birthday.

Besides from the standard fruit plates, petit fours, diverse beverages with alcoholic content, all depending of local culture/tradition, delivered to my room as an elite guest, but certainly never requesting any of them, only one stands out as being very special. At a Cairo Sheraton, rebranded years ago, I was less than happy with the room, the unavailability of the pool as renovations were ongoing and some other minor things, I had a talk to the youngish female FD Mgr before leaving the hotel for a meeting. Returning some 4 h later, a cake, chocolates and a bottle of desert wine was delivered to my room. Was that so special? Yes, the cake was light red and heart-shaped, the elegant pralines also shaped as hearts. A card wishing me "Happy Valentine's Day" too.

Alas, this nice young lady was unmarried, but lived with her parents, carefully guarded. Her father being a very high-ranked officer, sent his driver to deliver her to her shift, also to pick-up when finished. Upon asking carefully for a possibility to meet for a coffee or anything, outside her working hours, she explained the very formal process of having a middle-man, preferably a mutual friend, contacting her father, to ask for permission, and if granted, she would be accompanied by some half dozen of family members. I had no middle-man available, I'm afraid.