FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott do anything for anniversary trips?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:37 am
bigshooter

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I booked a travel package for my parents's 40th anniversary a few years ago at JW Marriott Cancun. I emailed the hotel concierge to see if there was anything they normally do for anniversaries and they told me they would take care of it.

Turns out they upgraded their room (not a suite, but at least a larger ocean view room than what was available on points), brought them champagne and strawberries multiple days (I think this was a mistake) and took care of them a various pool bars and onsite restaurants. My dad said they thanked him for being a Platinum Premier member in addition to Happy Anniversary so I'm guessing my status was somehow passed onto their stay.

At the same time as their stay I was in beautiful Iowa City, IA arguing with the Coralville Marriott that 4pm checkout was definitely a guaranteed benefit and fighting to get bottled water sent to my room since the lounge for some reason was out...the front desk clerk was a young guy apparently trying to be the rate police too and tried to tell me I needed a business card with my company on it to use my corporate rate (that I had used dozens of times in the past).

Funny how things work some times.