FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2019
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:37 am
koriobg

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
InterContinental Sofia

InterContinental Sofia

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Bed Club Intercontinental received King Terrace Suite City View (2 cat upgrade)

How are the rooms?
Spacious, clean and comfortable. The room looked just like as on the stock pictures which can be seen on the ihg.com hotel page.
Very comfortable bed and pillows.
Bathroom equipped with L'Occitane amenities (separate bath tub and rain shower).
As far as I am aware this is the only suite type which has balcony where smoking is permitted. It provides great view during the evening/night

How is the exec. lounge?
Small, comfortable and quite (never saw more than 4 people). The twilight dinner provided enough choice for me, while the Eggs Benedict which can be ordered for breakfast remain the best ones I ever ate across the InterContinental hotels I stayed in.

What was good and what was bad?
- None
+ 2 Large bottles of water (1 still, 1 sparkling provided), small fruit plate and some sweets provided as Ambassador in room welcome amenity. I was advised 15EUR credit can be used towards minibar and/or restaurant Floret (and not room service)
+ Very comfortable bed and pillows
+ The rain shower compartment size in the bathroom was great
+ The Service Desk manager lady was very interested to hear feedback regarding the new Ambassador rules

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
With it's central location, quite lounge (and good enough offerings) and attentive staff I think 205EUR provides good value for the room (not to mention the nice surprise of the 2 cat upgrade . I will definitely return if need to stay in Sofia