FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wedding + Honeymoon: South Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong and Dubai
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:25 pm
LDNConsultant

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Seoul, South Korea

Since 2006, I’ve never spent more than a week in Seoul. I always preferred to go back to my parents home in California or explore Europe. After constant short visits, my hometown felt distant but for me nothing has changed.

Seoul is a huge metropolitan area and boasts circa 20 million people, but our family have long moved out of Seoul, to a place called Bundang. As Wikipedia states “it’s the first and largest completely artificial city built in the early 1990s” – but the place is still as packed, since many families have flocked out of Gangnam-Gu for more spacious living conditions.

For the next 10 days – it was constant:
  • Meeting family
  • Preparation for the wedding
  • Finalizing the dress & fit
  • Studio Photo Shoots
However, I did have some time to go back to couple of my favorite and/or new restaurants in Seoul/Bundang. Even though I lived most of my life outside of South Korea, I always love Korean food (its probably my favorite to be honest).

Home cooked is always the best - first meal prepared by my Mother In Law. Fresh Fish and Sashimi, Abalone, various types of kimchee and others

Korean Beef in the international scene is extremely underrated but the marveling and the flavor was fantastic on this sirloin!

One of my wife's favorite pub in Seoul. Very retro and and the deep fried spicy chicken gizzard was fantastic!

Melting Shop in Cheong Dam Dong. This restaurant has been featured in numerous TV shows and its one of my favorite Korean/Italian Fushion. This is Meseng Seaweed and Clam Pasta

Korean Style Beef Tar Tar on top of flat bread

How could I not have Tuna in Korea - the cuts are far better than what you can get in New York/US. My personal favorite is the cheek meat, the texture is excellent!

Seoul and Korea has so much more to offer than just "BBQ" and "Bi Bim Bab". I would like to say, I probably eat BBQ maybe one every two weeks (at most) but sadly due to our wedding we couldn't really indulge in our favorites which is not limited to - Fried Chicken, Skewers, Pork Trotters and other!!