Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Wedding + Honeymoon: South Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong and Dubai

Wedding + Honeymoon: South Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong and Dubai

Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Great TR and congratulations!

Next time when you'll be in DXB just go downstairs at the GH to Toro Toro, they'll do much better steaks

(I've tried Asado a few times in Germany and would only go there for a business lunch - if nothing else around)
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Exec P, Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Avis Pres. Club, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Actually during the time of our stay BMW actually had a conference which actually shot the price upto circa $400-$500 a room so in hindsight the 30K for hotel points kinda worked out.

In terms of the van, 100% agree that the GRAB would have been much cheaper but in terms of convenience of someone waiting for us at 2 AM and not having to deal with the concept of taking our luggage to the pick-up location and others - I think in terms of the honeymoon, it was money well spent to be honest (also an additional plus of the wife not nagging which FAR outweights the 3500 THB).
Just a heads up GRAB at BKK now picks up on the arrivals level (Level 3) so you wont have to go upstairs or downstairs. Making it easier!
Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Great TR and congratulations!

Next time when you'll be in DXB just go downstairs at the GH to Toro Toro, they'll do much better steaks

(I've tried Asado a few times in Germany and would only go there for a business lunch - if nothing else around)
Thanks for the tip! Asado was extremely underwhelming for its price but will try Toro Toro next time!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.