FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:31 pm
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by mendezka
Just booked flights out to MLE in Nov/Dec. flight is scheduled to land on a Tuesday at 10:05 PM. Looking at transfers to the island, I read that the cutoff is 10:00 PM. Assuming I'm past that time by 5 minutes, I'll need to find a place my first night. Would that assumption be correct?
Well.....they'd probably get you to the resort the same night, and you'd check in at like 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning. Ugh.

Further, as noted above I will be arriving at MLE on Tues Nov 26th, departing on Wed Dec 4th at 12:05 AM (so really Tuesday night...). I will hopefully be using points for a 5 night stay at the Conrad (willing the availability doesn't disappear in the next month, once my sign up bonus points hit). My first question is, as I only have the means of doing a 5 night stay on points. Would you suggest spending 2 nights near MLE on arrival, then departing Conrad on the latest possible flight on Tuesday Dec 3rd? Or, spend my 1st night near MLE, 5 days at conrad, then 1 more night near MLE?
I would pay for an extra night in cash or buy the points from Hilton when there's a promo going on to reduce the cost. Believe me, 5 nights will fly by like you never knew and the extra expense for a 6th night will be worth it. If you can't do that, then take 2 nights at MLE, especially if you're coming from the USA where it's a very long haul to get to MLE. Sleep half a day on the first night, go see the museum and check out some local food. Then have another good rest then head off to the resort at the crack of dawn the next morning. And check out this post for more info on why it's better to arrive at Rangali as early as possible and leave as late as possible.

Further, as of right now, availability for a Water Villa shows up on every day except Friday, Nov 29th... So, when I go into booking I am only given the option of a beach villa for the 5 day period. Is it possible to somehow book the water villa for 4 nights & get the beach villa for 1 and still take advantage of the 5th night free on reward purchases? I haven't redeemed with Hilton before & I don't know if this is possible or not.
This is easily sorted. Call HHonors and get them to get the resort's reservation department on the phone while you are making the points booking and they'll do it from there.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Mar 26, 2019 at 2:24 pm