FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham Rewards Change in Program and top redemptions now 30k!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:42 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Have you seen any announcement that they're keeping the 4-year expiration? Delta made miles not expire after merging with Northwest where miles never expired, so it's possible that after merging with LaQuinta Retunrs that WR may re-evaluate their expiration policies.

But I haven't seen any "announcements" yet about any details regarding what's changing after the merger next week.
I was able to get 15K whydham miles for all 3 of our accounts for emailing Eliot with my concerns. I mentioned the 4 year expiration being a major issue (now that redemptions are 30K) in all 3 emails and was never told it was going away.

She did however mention cheaper properties would be available ( not in Hawaii though) so I think if the 4 year expiration was also changing it would have been brought to my ( or my wife or dads) attention in the return emails.

I guess we'll know for sure next week.

I normally don't complain about Wyndham or any other hotel reward program but I have been saving Wyndham points for the past 3 years for a big family vacation next year and was planning that around being able to get a condo in Hawaii at 15,000 Wyndham Points per night.

I just saw the rate is going to 30K per night so instead of the 10 nights I was hoping for I can only get 5 nights which is far too short for a trip to Hawaii from the midwest. The current 4 year expiration means I can't even just save more points as if I do points I already have will be expired.

I think this is very unfair. Thank You. XXXX XXXXXXX

Last edited by flyer4512; Mar 25, 2019 at 3:53 pm