FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Columbus CMH - no SkyClub
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:24 pm
tvtd

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I'm really surprised that Delta doesn't have a Sky Club in Columbus. Especially considering the fact that Columbus is the second-biggest city in the Midwest, beyond only Chicago. Yes, I realize Columbus isn't a hub -- it isn't a hub for any airline -- but it's amazing there isn't a Delta lounge, let alone a Priority Pass lounge.

Stepping off the soapbox now.
I don’t think there’s any soapbox to be on. I call CMH home now and am adding it to the list of airports which surprisingly don’t have a Skyclub (IAD is the only other on the list). I generally depart on the first flights of the morning and return late morning/early afternoon. There is not a time of day when there isn’t a gate being prepped for arrival or departure.

I do agree that space is a factor and did not know the second floor area after TSA is airside. What a perfect spot for a club. Thanks @JSprague24 for that info, though I do take issue with the C54-56 area because of that ridiculous restaurant. The C55 boarding door opens directly into it causing huge amounts of efficient Gate Lice clogs coupled with the SkyCap golf carts trying to drive through.

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
DL's decision where to place SCs is all about premium and elite passenger volumes and not total passenger counts. From DL's POV there must not be enough volume for the numbers to work. Not only do the number not work for DL, but they seem to not work for AA or UA either, and AA has more traffic in and out of CMH than DL does.
Not arguing your point, but just reflecting it is kind of hard to believe for the amount of corporate travel in the region.

Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
I vote they box up the Concourse B Sky Club and ship it up to you.
You can mount it high above one of your concourses.
I’ll take that deal if it doesn’t come with the noise and crowded overflow.

Originally Posted by JSprague24
DL DID use the gates closest to security (today known as C46, a door (call it C47A) for RJs, C47, and C48) before the expansion of C in 2002 (WN had C49 and 50). When the expansion was finished, they moved to C52-56 and added C51 for NW in 2009 as the merger was taking place.

What gets interesting are the RONs/early morning flights. CMH has 3 to ATL (which are typically some combination of 738/739/M88/M90/occasional 757), a 738 to MSP, a 738 to LAX and, in a couple months, will add a 319 to SLC.
Point of interest and off topic, C49 has now gone to Alaska for their daily Seattle direct. In the case of CMH and IAD post Alaska agreement, DL has added or is adding service to SLC.