FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:45 am
CDG1

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
So, I'm making a T-shirt to wear on the first return flight of the ANA A380 from HNL to NRT. So far I've put the type of aircraft (A388), the flight number (NH183), and the date (5/24/19).

I wanted to add the tail number of the plane, because eventually I want to try all the Flying Honus, and I found JA381A. But that seems to be the registration number, is that the same as the tail number?

I also came across MSN 262 which seems to be the Airbus serial number of the plane. Is that right?
I have my paraphernalia from the first A380 flight to Japan. I was on board SQ636 with Singapore Airlines of 20 May 2008. We were greeted with a big typhoon. We had to divert to Nagoya and stay on the ground over one hour before we could fly to NRT. There was no arrival ceremony.

JA831 is the registration number and also the tail number for the first Honu. MSN 262 is the production line number. 262nd A380 out of the production line. You probably know that she was going to be Skymark originally, as were her 2 sisters and then they transferred them to ANA after the Skymark fail.

I have it from the ANA Paris office that the NRT-HNL package tour flight is completely full. It's a night flight so there no regret. I will go to the NH gate to see the action before I board my Continental flight.

"Kai" the second Honu will come out of the paint shop for her roll-out ceremony at the Hamburg Finky Airbus plant tomorrow.

"Kai" should be at Narita in plenty of time before "Lani" takes us out on the official inaugural passenger flights 24.5.