FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another BAFT mini-do. Gibraltar, Saturday 23 March 2019
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:47 am
herethere

Originally Posted by madfish
@herethere I read with interest your comments. I do not know the large person to which you prefer. Perhaps he was just being friendly? Clearly you weren’t in the mood for somebody being cheerful. However comments referring to rift raft are unacceptable. Many of the group were in CE and certainly had not paid £100 for their tickets. Furthermore many are gold and GGL and have earned their status through spending many thousands of pounds across the OW network including on CX.

They have as much right to enter the lounge as anybody else based on the rules. Likewise there were many other lounges available that you could also have gone to had you chosen.

Were people being loud? I don’t think so. Were people reserving seats while going into the restaurant? Maybe? But there is limited room in the restaurant area for bags.

I will leave it at that, and ask others not to respond as would not want to drag this thread (which as been full of people having a good time) being lowered by the time that you have set.
Clearly being frequent travellers you should have appreciated the disruption you were causing and how you were collectively ruining the enjoyment of others. Several CX passengers were annoyed. You could have kept your bags to one side and not hogged all the seats. Knowing the F lounge was small you could have gone to other lounges. Well the £100 point came from a group member shouting it across the lounge. As i said it was all quite indignifying to observe. Perhaps none of you realise it. A lounge is not a party bus. Perhaps you should have saved that for the main terminal area or restaurant. Let’s see how CX deal with it.