FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:54 pm
LIH Prem

Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, I also don't think Hawaii is a good place to eat out -- especially the "better" restaurants. Just bad value for only OK food. But I guess rich folks are on vacation, and want to eat fancy meals. So they do.

My own strategy is to find the best Hawaiian plate lunch restaurants and eat there. Never expensive, and almost always good. And stuff you're not going to eat at home (unless home is Hawaii). That said, I don't think Maui is a particularly good place for plate lunches in Hawaii. Just like it isn't a good place for shave ice (very expensive compared to the other islands for generally worse quality). The most famous plate lunch on Maui is probably Da Kitchen. I think they're only slightly above average in the plate lunch world, but they're certainly decent value for Maui. Split one of their plates: it's more than enough food. Try one of their combos the first time. I do takeout (I think the location in Kihei is only takeout). I also think Maui Teriyaki in Kihei is decent. Especially the fried fish. If you make it to Hana, try Bruddah Hutt's for lunch. Order the Kalua pig to split.

Why do you come to Maui? You seems to hate everything about it. Just curious after reading several of your posts about how terrible everything is.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 23, 2019 at 10:59 pm