FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pool closed for ‘private event’ in property that charges resort fee
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:49 am
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
What time did the pool close to the public and would you have normally used it after that time and was there notice given? I think some context is needed here.

If there was notice of the closure prior and if it were for just one night, I would move on and forget it. Knowing that hotels have some flexibility with resort fees if you feel that strongly about it, ask for a waiver for that day and explain that they failed to deliver the other benefits, assuming that you've already let someone know you haven't received your water.
If a hotel gives notice in advance, then one can make a choice. Arriving at the hotel, heading down to the pool only to find out they closed it for a private group event is a little late to tell me. Why the debate on pool times? None of their business what time I planned to visit. If the water is shut off to rooms between 9 am and 7 pm, should that be ok as well? Should they demand to know my schedule for the day?

If I decided to rent my home out via AirBNB, but didn't give notice that the heat doesn't work from 8 am to 5 pm, I don't think I would demand to know if they were actually at my house during those hours. That would be incredibly petty on part.