FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India/Pakistan 2019 conflict impacts UA to India,DEL suspended 5 Apr 19 until 5 Sept?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:34 pm
HundredsOfAirportsLater

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by LordHamster
So I just went through this on UA49 Saturday.

After leaving Mumbai ~ 1:30am, we landed in MUC 8 hours and 50 min later. We spent about 1.5 hours on the ground during which we stayed onboard, the plane was serviced and the crew swapped. The pilot explained that the stop in MUC was more about crew timings than fuel. Interestingly the pre-departure announcements in BOM were in English and German!. The Safety video played before takeoff from MUC was subtitled in german, NOT Hindi... kind-of an interesting choice. Overall it was quite painless.

That said, I was very disappointed that the "servicing" of the plane didn't include more food in Polaris.

After takeoff in Mumbai, they served the standard dinner w/ desert. There was a mid flight "cheese" plate available, but no hot-bites. After we took off from MUC, they served the "breakfast" course they usually serve pre-arrival on this route. After that for the remanning 8.5 hours of the flight, there was NO food service at all, other than a few bags of chips available at each galley. Meaning we spent nearly 19 hours on the same aircraft, with one meal at the start, and 1 meal halfway through. I felt it was a bit under-catered for the length of the ordeal.

Meanwhile, the UA APP was also a complete disaster (See below). It actually showed the flight as "canceled" in APP.... but when you actually drilled into it, it showed the correct delay. This made for a very confusing and panicked few moments 24 hours prior to takeoff wondering if my flight had been canceled.
I experienced a very similar situation on a UA82 (DEL-EWR) departing 14-Mar (App showing wrong information, diversion to FRA, under-catering, 3 hour delay to depart, 20.5 hours from takeoff to landing). I received an email from United Cares with a link to their compensation site, which didn't recognize my information, so I sent a message to Customer Service.

Was offered an $250 ETC (Paid J & UA-S ... it's been a few years since I enjoyed G or 1K)

Does that sound right?