FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Venice To Zagreb
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:30 am
DanielW

Day 1.

Outside Terminal 1 at midnight at Dubai International Airport, ready to begin another trip to Europe.

After checking in, swiping my Emirates ID through immigration and passing through security, I caught the short train ride to Concourse D.

My 2:30am flight to Moscow thankfully ontime.

My flights for the trip were all on Aeroflot flying via Sheremetyevo International Airport. Flying on Turkish Airlines via Istanbul was another option but the price and flight schedule worked out better with Aeroflot.

Slovenia was one of my few European countries left to visit. Flights to the country from Dubai were relatively infrequent and expensive though. Venice had also been on my travel radar and with good flight options from Zagreb I settled on a six day itinerary in the three countries.

After 24 hours in Venice I would head east by train to Trieste for a night before continuing over the border into Slovenia. After a two night stay in the capital city of Ljubljana I would take a final train trip to Zagreb before flying home to Dubai.

Grabbing a quick bite to eat in the Marhaba lounge. I had planned the trip relatively last minute. I had some vacation time to use or lose and with the four day National Day weekend I added in a couple of days of leave to have a six day winter trip to Europe.

The Aeroflot 737 waiting at the gate. It had been over 2 months since my last trip so it was great to be travelling again.