FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I travel from Canada to USA without passport?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:38 pm
STS-134

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jc94

Yup, that is what I meant. So if the OP is a US citizen in Canada they can return to the US wihout a passport. By land. With a potential delay.
If you are a US citizen, you should be able to enter by air as well, IF you can somehow board the flight. You'd have to convince the airline that you are a US citizen and therefore, they're not going to be fined and forced to transport you back.

Oh, forgot to mention that there is a second crossing point (other than the Haskell Free Library And Opera House) where one may cross into the US from Canada without a passport. And this one doesn't even require seeing a CBP officer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyder_...order_Crossing The town of Hyder, Alaska has no checkpoint whatsoever (there are no road connections between Hyder and the rest of the US). However, if taking the flight from Hyder to Ketchikan, one must go through an immigration and customs check, making this the only domestic flight I'm aware of that one must go through immigration and customs.