FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! Missing flight on purpose, but with different airlines
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:55 pm
JGMagee

Programs: AA Pewter, BA Lead
Originally Posted by Rasmus
Thank you all for your answers! Especially you Often1 who seems to really know how it all works behind the curtains.

I'll try to find that 17 digit number. It is not in my confirmation email - but I'll contact that agency to see if I can get it.

I still don't understand what would happen if I were to honestly miss a flight, like if I got sick or lost track of time. Would I still loose all my return flights? It seems a bit excessive for a human mistake. Could there really not be a loop hole somewhere there?

Kind regards
Rasmus
Your ticket numbers will begin with “220” and look like “220 2100257541 2”. If your tickets look like 220 2100257541 1, 220 2100257541 2 etc. your trip is ticketed as one trip. Or, on an e-ticket, 220 2100257541 without the final 1, 2, etc.

Unfortunately, it appears you have purchased the entire trip on one ticket / PNR reciprocity from your agency. If so, regardless of the reason you missed the MEX-CUN flight, it’s quite likely the remainder of the trip will be cancelled soon after you miss the flight.

Airkines call this “hidden city ticketing” or “point beyond ticketing”, and Lufthansa has lately become the leading stickler on this (also referred to as a form of “skiplagging”).