FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting charged for a stopover
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:46 pm
suley

Originally Posted by Alisonnoonan
I have an interesting update. I called my credit card company today to ask about this situation.
On 4 separate phone calls Emirates had refused to change my flight unless I paid the unfair stopover fee. They had told me that flights were available within my fare class. Despite the fact they eventually wavered this unfair charge I was told incorrect information and the delay ended up in my chosen flights selling out and me having to travel a day earlier. My credit card provider has recommended me to dispute the cost of the whole flight. They were in breach of contract in what they did.
First off I have to ask Emirates for a refund. If they refuse my credit card provider will open a dispute.
I am going to follow this advice.
Forgive my ignorance but how are EK in breach of contract for your requested flight selling out. As I see it,
OP purchased a ticket from A-C with a transit through B, OP wished to change the contract and wished to exercute a change however a dispute existed on the terms which was resolved however the alternative flight which was not confirmed had become sold out. While the OP may feel hard done, the availibility is subject to change and no confirmed ticket was issued for the requested flight, therefore no breach exists. The OP was able to change flights without charge unless we are missing information, the OP could have flown a fay later but it was the OP's choice to select the alternate flight. I would not be supprised if a refund is issued by the card provider that EK decide to the OP on a No Fly List.