FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MQS for sector not flown?
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:56 pm
gruntermen

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

If the flight was delayed, you can apply for Original Routing Credit (ORC) and ask for the MQMs be applied to your account. If you don’t get it on the first request you can escalate if need be. If you’re still at the terminal you can inform the gate agent you’ll be finding alternate transportation due to the delay (you’ll want to do this if this is not the last leg of your itinerary anyway), and while talking to the GA, you can also have him/her put a note in your record that you’ll be asking for ORC due to skipping the leg following the delay (and not just skipping the leg because of doing hidden-city ticketing).

No, you can get ORC for flights when you experience IROPS.
I didn't speak to the gate agent before I left but when I checked in at the sky club they told me to call the medallion line. Unfortunately I am not a medallion member so I don't know if this would get me any where. I guess I will try the regular customer service number in the morning. At the end of the day, I decided that getting home at a reasonable time was more important then the frequent flyer credit. My hungry (yet surprisingly obese) cat met me at the front door and advised me that I had made the right decision.