FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR gate to exit timing?
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:00 am
richarddd

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Just tell the company the scheduled time and the flight number your flight lands and they will sort it out on the day based on the actual arrival time rather than a specific time. They will monitor the flight and adjust themselves accordingly.

The company I use meets me in arrivals 30 minutes after the flight has actually landed. Even with some long terminal walks and having to wait for luggage I often beat them to the meeting point (though I have a UK passport and fly in J so that speeds things up for me).
The one I'm leaning towards (blackberry cars) monitors flights and adjusts, but asks how long after actual arrival they should be there. I haven't been checking landing to exit time in the past, but we fly in J, don't check baggage and often only see a short line at passport control due to fast track from J (although that can be quite variable), so 30 minutes seems a bit long. If it actually took 20 minutes to walk from gate to arrivals, 30 minutes would seem about right. They also build in a hour of free waiting time, so while I don't want to have a driver waste time standing there, perhaps specifying 15 minutes makes sense??