FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very odd fare rule
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:44 am
Anonba

Originally Posted by Abstract1
Ok so you agree that in my example you are stuck. I would imagine that most people...myself included as i do always do it, would say to an agent..

Can my ticket be rerouted mid trip?

They say 'Yes it can'.

So. to use my example, is it then allowable to say to me when i am in LAX...actually sorry now the conditions are such that actually you cannot change the ticket any more to return from PHL. you can only change it to SAN or DEN etc that has a higher fare available. Ie we will dictate as to where you can fly back from, even though everywhere is available. Do you honestly believe that BA would say this is correct and not allow you to return from PHL?

In contrast, and in utter ridiculousness, had I have bought a cheaper ticket then this would be no problem.
Ive never seen a passenger prevented from doing a change because there wasnt a higher fare. Ultimately you will probably only get this rule on classes in club maybe D R I or A in First and for WTP E and T and anything below Y potentially in traveller. You would always have F, J , W or Y. Of course the change might be extortionately expensive but i have never seen an example where BA said no there isnt a more expensive fare so you cant make the change.