FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B737MAX Recertification - Archive
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:52 am
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Then I'd go with Australia.....and I don't want those black boxes to come to the USA since if either data cannot be extracted or there's an error made when doing so that destroys some of the data, this would be so much worse for Boeing and the FAA/NTSB. I trust them, but I don't want even the slightest risk of the investigation being viewed as rigged in any way.

OTOH, IMO it's almost criminal that the black boxes weren't immediately sent for analysis as soon as they were found. Plans for where to send them should have been arranged in advance instead of waiting for days (with those MAX 8s still flying around and/or being grounded) before even asking Germany.
The stated justification for sending the boxes to Europe is to minimize the time zone difference between Ethiopia and the location where the data is being recovered. With this justification, sending the boxes to Australia makes no sense.