FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:22 am
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by 24left

@Chowtime
I think this “not telling the truth” is a new strategy, and I will call it that, rather than use the other word.

I posted upthread about the unpleasant SD I had on my last TPAC. It was a 13 hour flight and we were talking about the issue of deflated seats. She was absolutely insistent that she never had a deflated seat on any of her flights and has never given out the white form.

She is senior in terms of years and experience and yet every other SD I’ve flown with I the past year for sure, when there was a deflated seat on my flight, they all said they’d seen it before. A few had some other comments as well.

Since I fly more than once a year, and like others here, I am statistically more likely to have the AC stay-flat experience, and since many AC employees from all parts of the company read FT, you would have to be living under a rock not to know, or maybe be a FOTSG SD. I would not expect all FAs to know.

I am also curious to see if posters here encounter more SDs who also claim that the form were not loaded.

These types of ‘gotcha’ insinuations are an interesting turn: a presumption that others are lying (is that the word?) as a deliberate strategy. Could it be possible that the SD had never dealt with a passenger complaint for this issue? Chances are good that some of the seats were deflated on flights she worked, which is not to say the customers noticed or brought it to the attention of the crew.

What could have been the benefit to her for misleading customers? Perhaps she was insistent because she was being honest.

Curious that people have morphed from blaming the executive ranks for misleading the public to now suggesting the rank & file employees are participating in the obfuscation.

I trust that future AC J bookings have dried right up...?