FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Copa Business Class B737-MAX9
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:31 pm
pmarrsouth

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by yoyobigo
Thanks for the response! I'm still confused. I thought earlier in an earlier post in this thread you said that when Copa says 737-900 they mean the MAX 9s because they don't have other 737-900s? Are you saying that they're actually just the -800s? (What I think Seatguru calls the 800v2)?

Any link to what the business class seats are like? I guess they're not the lie flats we were hoping for :-(
I still do mean that when Copa says 737-900 they mean the MAX9s. All MAX planes around the world are now grounded, both MAX8 and MAX9. This occurred over the last couple of days. Copa will not currently fly these MAX9s. They are now using the newest of their -800s for SFO (and I believe EZE routes)

The seats are grand, lot of space, very decent recline for such a seat. Definitely not lie-flats. Do not choose row 1 or row 4 imo. Row 1 has the bulkhead, and it can be a bit close. Row 4 does not have the same recline as rows 1-3 imo. Row 2 and 3 should be the exact same. I usually pick 2A, so that I get my first choice of meal, and I prefer window

You can tell you are on one of these planes, rather than the older, less recline & legroom, 737-800s by checking the seat map and looking for row 11. If there is a row 11, then you are on the older model. If there is no row 11, then you are on the newer model

Copa were lazy (or hot fixed) their seat maps yesterday when they grounded their MAX9s for the SFO and EZE routes. They actually still had the MAX9 seat map image being displayed, with the name changed to just 737. However I just checked now, and they have updated it to the 737-800 seat map. No row 11, so its the newer models