FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luggage protocol at YYZ for CDN connection to INTL on AC?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:34 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by a4racer
I thought that would be the issue. I guess I'll see when I try to check-in tomorrow morning...I don't imagine they'll be all that helpful (or able to help) on the phones tonight. If there is no bag ID or collection, I have some tentative optimism that we could make it. IIRC, there is a small security checkpoint in between D gates and E gates, correct?
The others above are correct in that there is no ID-ing of luggage required for DTI connections at YYZ.
Once you landat your D gate, do not exit the secure area, but instead followthe signs for International E gates (it's kind of next to gate D20) and you are brought upstairs via escalator and you show your connecting BP to the person on the overhead bridge who will then let you through a set of doors and on your way to the hammerhead portion of the terminal where the international gates are. That's it. No extra security for this.

(you'll get some red stamp on your BP with the word "Domestic" or something on those lines, IIRC)