FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Free Night Award at 60 nights]
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:24 am
orca1114

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by 59Impala
An exception was made for me and was credited with points, that was early January, and was only granted, as the "promise" was given last year. They made it very clear to me, that this was a courtesy until last year and going forward no exceptions any longer.

It's always worth trying to extend. good luck.
I tried this as I needed it extended by just one DAY, but was told no dice, no exceptions. Check-in date must be day before listed expiration. I was pretty miffed, especially since it would've saved me 25k points on a cat 6 PH. Instead I "wasted" the certificate on a cat 4 HR just to avoid breakage.

That being said, on most things Hyatt takes great care of us. My concierge Brock has been most unhelpful with just about everything I've called him for, but Val on the Globalist line has been great when dealing with some complex reservations. I would still choose Hyatt EVERY TIME over Marriott, even given the limited footprint and silly IT issues.