Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Free Night Award at 60 nights]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL

From T&C's

(i) Earn a Free Night Award – Category 1-7 Hyatt Hotel or Resort: Upon completing sixty (60) Tier-Qualifying Nights or earning one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points in a Calendar Year, Member will be provided with one (1) standard-room Free Night Award redeemable at a category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort (“Category 1-7 Free Night Award”). (A list of Hyatt hotels and resorts, sorted by category, can be found at goldpassport.com.) The Category 1-7 Free Night Award is valid for one hundred and twenty (120) days from the date of issuance and must be redeemed for a reservation with a checkout date before the expiration of the award. This award is available only to Members who complete the qualifying number of Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn the qualifying number of Base Points starting from the Effective Date of these Terms. While this award requires the same Tier-Qualifying Night and Base Point accrual requirements as are required to achieve Globalist status, the Category 1-7 Free Night Award is not provided as a benefit of Globalist status and a Category 1-7 Free Night Award will not be provided to Members who receive Globalist status through any means other than satisfaction of the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirements (e.g., Members who receive Globalist status as part of the migration from the legacy Hyatt Gold Passport program to this Program). Redemption of a Category 1-7 Free Night Award is subject to standard-room availability at the selected hotel or resort and to all redemption terms generally applicable to Award Reservations as set out in the section of these Terms titled “Redeeming Free Night Awards, Room Upgrade Awards, or Points + Cash Awards.” Category 1-7 Free Night Award is not valid at M life Resorts. Any Category 1-7 Free Night Award that is not used within one hundred and twenty (120) days after issuance will be void and forfeited by the Member. Other Free Night Awards, including those valid at category 1-7 hotels and resorts, may have different expiration and other applicable terms.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: CX - Gold, EY- Plat, HGP - Diamond, Accor - Plat, SPG - Gold, IHG - Plat Amb
They've posted and was able to redeem for a stay in Oct at PH. Much smoother IT rollout than anticipated.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KC01
They've posted and was able to redeem for a stay in Oct at PH. Much smoother IT rollout than anticipated.
Do you mean the free night from already having 60 nights in 2017? Or are you seeing your welcome to Glob cat 7 free night gift cert?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: CX - Gold, EY- Plat, HGP - Diamond, Accor - Plat, SPG - Gold, IHG - Plat Amb
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean the free night from already having 60 nights in 2017? Or are you seeing your welcome to Glob cat 7 free night gift cert?
Sorry, I should've added context.
Welcome to WOH 1-7 Cat Cert, valid for 1 year.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KC01
Sorry, I should've added context.
Welcome to WOH 1-7 Cat Cert, valid for 1 year.
IIRC there's a separate thread for that.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
IIRC there's a separate thread for that.
No there does not seem to be a separate thread for the welcome free night, and I imagine it will be a while until someone actually gets the 60-night cert.

But as with the other new threads for WoH experiences, especially the suite upgrade at checkin, if the poster does not state the property, the info is pretty much worthless.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
No there does not seem to be a separate thread for the welcome free night, and I imagine it will be a while until someone actually gets the 60-night cert.

But as with the other new threads for WoH experiences, especially the suite upgrade at checkin, if the poster does not state the property, the info is pretty much worthless.
I'm sure that someone on FT is sitting at 31 + 28 = 59 nights right now. If they checked in before NYE, they would be beyond 60 nights already, although this depends of course on the relevant checkouts having already occurred.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I'm sure that someone on FT is sitting at 31 + 28 = 59 nights right now. If they checked in before NYE, they would be beyond 60 nights already, although this depends of course on the relevant checkouts having already occurred.
ok, if you would prefer a separate thread for the 2 different types of free night cert, that's fine too, but I could not find the other one.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I see my new Globalist status.
So I have 9 nights so far this year, it says 51 more nights till Globalist. I thought we only need 55 total nights to requalify?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
ok, if you would prefer a separate thread for the 2 different types of free night cert, that's fine too, but I could not find the other one.
Longer term, it's probably better. We don't need old datapoints for what is essentially a one time thing commingling with that recurring benefit.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by krazieman
So I have 9 nights so far this year, it says 51 more nights till Globalist. I thought we only need 55 total nights to requalify?
You need 60.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by krazieman
It seems that everyone must actually achieve 60 nights one time before they qualifying for the 55 night renewal.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
It seems that everyone must actually achieve 60 nights one time before they qualifying for the 55 night renewal.
From the T&C, it appears that in order to get the 4 suite upgrades you will need to keep on staying 60 nights every year. 55 nights after this year will just get you all the other Globalist perks except the 4 suite upgrades.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Well.. that sucks. At least I was able to use one of the new DSUs on the PH Seoul for May.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by ceebee100
From the T&C, it appears that in order to get the 4 suite upgrades you will need to keep on staying 60 nights every year. 55 nights after this year will just get you all the other Globalist perks except the 4 suite upgrades.
I don't have the T&C handy but I'm pretty sure that after you qualify with 60 this year, it's just 55 in 2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.