FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B737 Max : CAA bans from UK airspace; Comair aircraft grounded
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:39 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 1010101
I think you're being deliberately obtuse here. The 737 MAX has had the worst entry into service of any major new aircraft in decades, and everything centres around something very specific going wrong, in a very specific stage of flight. For whatever reason, in both crashes it has had issues maintaining a stable altitude around 5-10 minutes after takeoff.

If it really were nothing to worry about, half of them wouldn't be grounded by now with more being announced every day.
Apologies, I am not trying to be obtuse. Just giving my opinion as I guess we all are on here. My own feeling is that if I had a flight on a MAX coming up I wouldn't seek to change it, but I respect others think differently which is of course perfectly fine

I think when we get some information on the latest incident that will serve to provide a clearer picture of whether there is a problem, or whether this is just an unlucky coincidence.