FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What’s Marriott Customer Service team’s role?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:42 pm
itsaboutthejourney
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I would have addressed it w/ the hotel(s) or run it up the flagpole to Arne directly. If you're not getting satisfaction w/ MBCS, then flagging Fluek or Arne usually gets a response (from their assistants, but gets a response). Speaking only for myself, no I would not have contacted the BBB of Maryland.

Edited to add: are you saying the Lurkers didn't respond when you reached out to them? If you weren't getting any response from MBCS, I would have thought involving the Lurkers would have helped.

Cheers.
Clearly if the hotel had did what they said or resolved my issue, even during post-stay communications, I would not have needed to take the extra steps of contacting the BBB. As I said earlier, I've only contacted the BBB when I have enough documentation and lag time from the hotel and/or Marriott CS to show inaction.

I have a separate line open to David Flueck and prefer not to engage him on stay-specific issues. Mr. Sorenson is beyond out of touch, when I sent him a note detailing areas where he's failed in the merger, I got a call from a very nice lady from "his office" in Utah. We had a great chat, but I have little faith my issues were actually heard.

My issues were before the SPG lurkers had coverage of legacy Marriott brands, and will use them if anything comes up going forward, but I clearly won't hesitate to engage the BBB again if needed.

p.s. What is MBCS?