FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:49 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by apodo77
Not sure if it is SHEENA but hadn’t seen this before.

Last night ATL-SRQ (DL 1878) I am in 2B and at the end of boarding there are 2 seats left in F. GA brings up one person from Y and I can hear her tell the FA she will be bringing up 11A also (think it was A but definitely row 11).

A DL captain in uniform exits the cockpit almost simultaneously to this and the GA tells him to take any open seat in the back. The captain asks what about this one (it is 3B behind me) and after a few second pause the GA says go ahead and take it. Door closes and 11A is obviously not brought up.
I would have spoken up and said there are 30+ people still on the upgrade list, so how about upgrading the next person into that empty seat. Maybe it's me, but I don't mind speaking up and tackling difficult conversations like this, although many others do not - hence there is not much to complain about after the fact vs confronting the error and then escalating after arrival if the GA refused to follow procedures.