FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:42 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by apodo77
Not sure if it is SHEENA but hadn’t seen this before.

Last night ATL-SRQ (DL 1878) I am in 2B and at the end of boarding there are 2 seats left in F. GA brings up one person from Y and I can hear her tell the FA she will be bringing up 11A also (think it was A but definitely row 11).

A DL captain in uniform exits the cockpit almost simultaneously to this and the GA tells him to take any open seat in the back. The captain asks what about this one (it is 3B behind me) and after a few second pause the GA says go ahead and take it. Door closes and 11A is obviously not brought up.
It looks bad to me, but did you notice whether there were elites on the upgrade list? The alternative is that 11A is a nonrev who lost a FC seat to a uniformed pilot who was either deadheading after duty or flying nonrev. The deadheading explanation is less likely IMO as deadheading employees are entitled to assigned seats, although someone could offer to take a jumpseat in order to permit more revenue or nonrevenue passengers to get onto the flight, so presumably this would have happened only if the flight had been full, which apparently it wasn't, so my guess is that the pilot was flying nonrev.

You could report this to DL and say that as an elite you're concerned since it certainly looked bad to you.