FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What’s Marriott Customer Service team’s role?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:33 pm
wendySFO

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by h2rdw1r3d
I like how you manage to throw the pillow guy under the bus in the mix. The problem is that people need to feel they have a voice, and in that void, they will turn to places that are less than ideal. What really gets me is this whole notion that corporate refers to the property and they get to just decide whether or not they want to respond. Where is the accountability? And if they don't want to hear me out on a complaint, they should just come out and say that rather than taking the cowards way out and closing a complaint hoping I will go away.
I have never heard of in any industry that it is ok to allows the "offending" party of an open case to close the case without any justification. Apparently, this is ok by Marriott's corporate policy.

There is also no customer satisfactory index built in to measure how Customer Service team address customers' issues as far as I can see. So they really don't want to hear the complaints (they may want the case to build up the numbers of calls/issues for their measurements, but not really to know what's the complains).