FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:15 pm
Dav77

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by cdp88

Just a one night stay to see a broadway show so I only booked lowest category of room. I somehow thought I might get upgraded but the welcome letter disabused me of that notion. I don’t think they have suites so all rooms bookable online appear the same except for view, level in building and number of beds. I didn’t push for upgrade but was granted the 3pm checkout so appreciated that. I must say a standard room without the Gold amenities would be pretty disappointing because you couldn’t make your own tea/coffee although there is free tea/coffee in lobby.

I haven’t stayed anywhere else in NYC. If the price was right I might stay here again. Hotel was recently renovated so all looks fresh and clean. I got this room and breakfast for 2 for $USD237 including taxes (of which there are so many!). For me this was ok once you factor in the value of free drinks (about $USD30 for 2 glasses of wine) and bottled water ($4). I would not be paying the crazy prices i’ve seen at other times of $USD 400 or more as I think you can do better elsewhere.

My Accor status isn’t particularly useful in USA as there aren’t many places to stay. It works out much better for me at home in Australia and on trips to New Zealand.
i can see there are several room type

-classic and Superior (probably only on different floors - low / high)

-luxury (bigger than classic and superior)

-Suite 60sqm

-Suite 60 sqm with terrace

-Suite 112sqm

that is showed on App at this property.

I hope it’s true.

and seems they do have a lot of possibilities to upgrade, if they want ...