FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What’s Marriott Customer Service team’s role?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:11 pm
aCavalierInCoach

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by h2rdw1r3d
Ok, I knew I would find an answer here. This board is worth its weight in, well I was going to say gold but I won't even go there.

My complaint with the property has to do with the website, the app, the reservation system, and the guarantee I get the room I booked.
(Long story short: Booked a suite, confirmed a suite, got to hotel, oops no suite, root cause of the prob: Marriott app lists suites that do not exist at hotel -- in the meantime, I still did not get the suite I booked and no compensation because the hotel said it was a corporate issue, Corporate refers me to the property) I call or email to complain, am told it will be resolved and that the property will reach out to me, and then quietly it is closed with no resolution whatsoever a few days later and I am none the wiser. I guess eventually I will have to move on and forget it, right? I'm just going to take it up with American Express. They'll start listening when they stop getting paid.

This circular nonsense has got to stop. I realize that right now in the middle of the s--tstorm that Marriott is in, no one wants to be the one that stands up and owns any particular piece of this fiasco, but it is getting to the point where all trust and loyalty has been lost and no one is going to believe anything anyone tells them. And what is the point of a *loyalty* program then?

I can't even remember the last time something was so mismanaged.
Would this happen to be a property in Georgia in mid Feb? I feel like I may have been checking in behind you...

And if not, then thanks for pushing it, because it is clearly a broad-based problem that Marriott is refusing to address.