FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:08 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by guy44134
CLEAR is coming to CLE: https://www.clearme.com/. Here are the three kiosks at the Central Checkpoint. There are also machines near the South Checkpoint.
This may not (probably isn't) the thread for this but I've often wondered about the value proposition of CLEAR... and now that its coming to 'my airport' I guess the question is can someone sell me on why I'd want to pay $15 a month for it? So far as I can tell from observing it in action at DCA the only advantage over TSA PRE is that you use biometrics instead of showing an ID -- but for $15 a month I can take the 3 seconds it requires pull my drivers license out x 4 trips a month, TYVM, especially when it's at so few airports [excepting CLE and LAX, none of the airports I regularly begin or end a trip at appear to be hosting CLEAR]...

I feel like I have to be missing something, but looking at CLEAR's website I still can't figure out the value proposition...