FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What’s Marriott Customer Service team’s role?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:06 pm
MePlatPremier

Originally Posted by wendySFO
This is not a thread about issues at the property so I leave it out for some other time. What I want to find out is if I have the wrong expectation of Marriott's "Customer Service" team. They are listed as "Loyalty Program Members Customer Service" when I looked up their phone number. But some how I don't see they did anything to support me as a Loyal Program member.

I assume Customer Service team has guideline and judgement calls to accept cases, Marriott corporate should have influence and means to manage the properties who bear the Marriott brands. It is unreasonable to expect Customer Service team can have magic to turn things around but I don't feel it is right they don't followup what they said they will (for example, some one suppose to get back to me on certain date, it never happened after two months), and allow property to close case opened by customers without justification and not even notify whoever opened the case.
Again, it is hard to know the answer without you telling what was the issue. Did you complain about a bad experience, maybe something wrong with service, some lost lugagge, some divergence regarding a F&B charge? Marriott is absolutely powerless to help you with that. They will open a case for you if you ask but the outcome will be whatever the property wants it to be. Was something wrong with the brand standards or compliance with the program’s rules? In that case Marriott may levy a fine on the property and charge them some goodwill points for you. That’s it. Btw, we may be members of the loyalty program but properties are the participants in the program. It may be hard to comprehend, but it’s them that Marriott caters to. They pay Marriott hundreds of millions of dollars a year in fees.

Last edited by MePlatPremier; Mar 9, 2019 at 5:42 pm