FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swoop Cancellation Likelihood Higher?
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:55 pm
aerobod

Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
Highlighting Aerobod's key points..that should say it all. Not worth the headache.
Many people find it is very much worth the potential headache, as they couldn’t afford to fly otherwise, but people should go in eyes wide open to what a ULCC involves. If you look at sentiment on Twitter, you will see many people who rave about the cheap and efficient service and many who complain about flight cancellations and delays. Basically on a scale of 1 to 10, lots of 1s and 10s and not a lot in between.

i’ve travelled on Ryanair a number of times in Europe, I have never had a problem, but always have a backup plan if I need to travel, as I know I will need to resolve the issue myself and sort out any compensation or insurance or just take it as a wasted ticket. I’ve flown a few times with them to Italy from the UK and also Germany to the UK and the UK to Spain. Typically pay about £60 including taxes (CAD$105) for a 2 hour flight including a checked bag, carry-on, seat selection and “priority” boarding. Works well as a the equivalent to a cross-border bus service. Swoop is trying very hard to provide this type of airline offering to Canadians, as are the other competing ULCCs.