FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ROP Program changes
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:12 am
phrasuthon

Programs: TG*Gold
Originally Posted by Juntima
What do you mean by being expensive? I think ROP is good for whoever based in Bangkok, since flying THAI out of Bangkok is very expensive, especially in J and F, compare to other airlines, and so one would get the best buck out of each mile redeemed for an award ticket
I meant different tariffs that THAI let you earn on other Star Alliance airlines. In Europe you can forget it having ROP. They cut to maximum mileage crediting. You fly business or you forget to earn miles on economy flights. I remember time when THAI let you earn much more. Now they want you fly only THAI. Spending miles on THAI is also difficult right now. I have arround 230k and I asked THAI for an upgrade last week. "Sorry Sir no tarifs and seats avaiable" So I asked any award tickets? O or I? Yes but from Paris. But I am flying from Frankfurt?
"Finit" in July Sir
"Finit" in August Sir
September can be possible but we can put you on waiting (They say like that but they don't) (How many times I have heard "waiting list" hahahha)
So how can I spend my miles now? Doing RTW with Star Alliance or what?
How can be worse if is already worse in ROP?
My feeling as a farang is:
you are Thai with ROP Gold - 100 % Success
you are Thai with ROP Plat - 200% Sucsess
you are farang with ROP Gold - 50% Success (farang can pay more, farang can wait, doesn't matter)
you are farang with ROP Plat - 50% Success (farang can use Royal First Lounge or SPA it's enough, doesn't matter, Thai with Plat and vip are first of the line )
(my observation came from Frankfurt, Munich, Bangkok airport staff. So I am now 10 years ROP Gold and I see drastic changes since maybe 5 years?) Thai airways ROP in my opinion is not equal to every member they have especially if you are farang.