Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROP Program changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:42 pm

[QUOTE=kaffir76;32191100]So Mr. Wheel, which *A FFP partner did you switch to in the past year & how's that going for you?
And if you were booking flights based on cost, then it wouldn't necessarily all be *A carriers, would it?[/QUOTE

Well Mr 76, I thought I made it quite clear that I spent the last year winding down my points and that once expended I would join another FFP.

Your questions are nonsensical.

Mr Wheel.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:43 pm

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
I moved to TK and solid happy with the way they deal with everything so far. Thai lost a very loyal customer. Now when future comes, due to the choices we have with Star Alliance...Thai will be the last choice for me...this for years. It sad, but if an airline doesn't care....why should we. Look at what happens to Cathay these days...we moved out in thousands when they change their program. Tomorrow, once the crisis is over....frequent flyer will be more needed than ever. We will simply put our business to those who care about us in the good as well as in the bad times.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:00 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I hope it is ok to bring back this thread as the last post was right when Thailand closed down and we are now finally out of the endemic. I would like to see how other members are planning on whether to remain in ROP or those have left and joined other programs, please share your thoughts on why switching makes sense for you so that we all can learn a bit more (as some of us are likely also planning on switching). I am myself thinking about either Turkish or ANA, but have not yet studied enough, still have until end of Sept to switch.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Based back in NZ so finally gained max status with AirNZ - only to get a 2 year extension to ROP until Dec 2024 LOL.

AirNZ is a lousy program, but makes most sense for my travel patterns.

Actually had a big year in 2019 with 70k miles within my 2 year period Dec 2018-Dec 2020, so re-qualified in 2019 for the period Dec 2020- Dec 2022. Accordingly never had any status ‘extension’ from TG i er the covid period!

The costs of Q fares for GUP are now so high I can buy AirNZ PE for similar levels and upgrade…
kiam likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:08 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
[QUOTE=Thai-Kiwi;

The costs of Q fares for GUP are now so high I can buy AirNZ PE for similar levels and upgrade…[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed with this outraged Q fare requirement to apply GUP (on top of new fees introduced sine 2020).
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:20 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I had for years Platinum at TG and SEN (equivalent to *G) at Miles & More. Flying is now reduced so I can anyway only renew one of the program with my reduced mileage
Even I am living in Thailand I will focus on M&M, but unfortunately I have no chance at all to become HON there
kiam and Thai-Kiwi like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.